ASEAN TOURISM MARKETING COORDINATOR
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The ASEAN Tourism Marketing Strategy (ATMS) 2012-2015, developed based on the implementation of the Visit ASEAN Campaign and previous ASEAN tourism marketing activities was adopted by the ASEAN Tourism Ministers at the 15th Meeting of ASEAN Tourism Ministers (M-ATM) held on 11 January 2012 in Manado, Indonesia. This strategy is designed to support and build a worldwide recognition of ASEAN as a tourism destination, in part by coordinating and leveraging the power and influence of the ASEAN NTOs.
The ASEAN Secretariat is seeking qualified candidates or companies for the post of ASEAN Tourism Marketing Coordinator to provide technical support to the ASEAN Tourism Marketing and Communication Working Group (MCWG) and ASEAN Secretariat for the coordination and management of ATMS activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction and supervision of the Chair of ASEAN Tourism Marketing and Communication Working Group (MCWG) and ASEAN Secretariat, the incumbent’s tasks will focus on ASEAN Tourism Marketing matters. The specific responsibilities include:
1. Coordinating and providing technical support in the implementation and monitoring of the tourism marketing measures in the ATMS 2012-2015:
(a) Identifying and developing programmes and projects to implement the ATMS;
(b) Coordinating the implementation of programmes and project activities related to tourism marketing with ASEANTA, MCWG, ASEAN Tourism Product Development Working Group (PDWG) and other stakeholders;
(c) Coordinating and liaising with various cooperation facilities to promote ASEAN tourism;
(d) Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of ATMS 2012-2015.
2. Implementing the decisions made by MCWG.
3. Reporting directly to the Chair of the MCWG and ensuring a timely and efficient flow of information between various partners and within the Working Group itself.
4. Coordinating the development of the ASEAN Tourism Marketing campaigns for the various target markets as developed by the MCWG and PDWG.
5. Assessing the achievement of key strategic marketing actions.
6. Working closely with partners in piggybacking with their various activities and initiatives.
7. Carrying out the basic PR activities as described by ATMS.
8. Monitoring and providing tourism marketing related inputs to the ASEAN tourism website.
9. Reporting the highlights of the development of the implementation of ATMS 2012-2015 to MCWG, PDWG and ASEAN NTOs.
10. Perform any other tasks as may be assigned.
1. Bachelors Degree with minimum 2 yrs experience in Marketing, Tourism Development and Management, Development Studies or a related field from a reputable institution.
2. At least 2 years demonstrated programme and project management skills with: a) sound knowledge in policy development; b) experience in tourism marketing area; c) knowledge and experience on marketing project development and management; and d) demonstrated understanding of an ability to tackle tourism and marketing issues.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of the region especially from the tourism perspective.
4. Have an understanding of international and regional issues, and knowledge of and commitment to ASEAN ideals.
5. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with colleagues, government representatives, public and private sector organizations and other stakeholders.
6. Excellent command of English, good oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills in crossâ€�cultural environment and international settings.
7. Proven ability to work independently as well as in a team in a multicultural environment.
8. Able to perform coordination tasks, undertake multiple assignments and adherence to deadlines.
9. Proficient in standard computer applications, particularly Microsoft Office tools and internet application. Proficiency in basic website administration and web design will be an advantage. Understanding of, and ability to, use web tools for marketing will be useful.
10. Knowledge and understanding of strategic planning, public policy development and public analysis.
11. Experience in conducting marketing campaign.
12. Extensive travel required
Successful candidate will be offered the position for a year contract with annual remuneration of USD 30,000 excluding the travel, communication, and office expenses.
How to Apply:
Send your application to the ASEAN Secretariat, 70A Sisingamangaraja, Jakarta 12110 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passportâ€�sized photograph and completed Employment Application Form, which can be downloaded at http://www.asean.org/19570.htm. (Note: copies of educational qualifications will only be required to be produced by shortlisted applicants).
Please indicate on the subject: ASEAN Tourism Marketing Coordinator.
Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 15 March 2012. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Applications not made using the Employment Application Form will not be considered.